It has been months since my last entry and several things have changed since then.
Here are 7 areas of my life that God has been dealing with:
1. I’ve been working on some tagalog poems as part of our month-by-month theme at church. May and June’s theme were about revival and I was able to create a poem out of my own personal prayer for revival in my life.
BIYAYA SA PAGLAGO
Paglilingkod sa Diyos ay may kagalakan
Talento’y ilagak sa Kanyang paanan
Sa lahat Sya’ng tunay na may karapatan
Bawat oras ko’y sa Kanya ilalaan
Nawa’y paglakad ko’y laging sa kat’wiran
Sa Salita Mo ihubog ang isipan
taglay ang espiritung mapagkumbaba
Ipakitang kailangan ang Iyong biyaya
Tawag ng mundo’y dapat kong talikuran
kasalanan ‘di dapat pahintulutan
Pagsunod nawa’y makita sa’king buhay
Upang maging katanggap-tanggap aking alay
Paghubog Mong patuloy nais kong makamtan
Ang puso ko’y durugin sa kasalanan
Ibalik ang kagalakang natatangi
ng mabiyayang pagliligtas Mo sa’kin
2. God has been dealing with me in the area of communication for the past months. This is quite a challenge since I have that tendency (MOST OF THE TIME) to speak before I think about the words that are coming out of my mouth.
Ephesians 4:29, “ Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.”
Sad that hurtful words could never be taken back, it’s a rebuke for me to be more sensitive and aware of my speech.
3. I have been reminded quite frequently this past months about LOVE. Amos and I studied 1 Corinthians 13 together, listing and meditating on every characteristic of LOVE according to the Bible. I personally learned that LOVE, when given according to how the Bible described it, will give glory to God.
This is also a part of the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT series that we’re discussing in my discipleship group.
LOVING THE UNLOVELY.
We often see love as something that we give to people who we like the most. But, God commands us to love even those who are dissappointing us, who are ungrateful, people who seems to be irritating us, and even those who are mean to us. THIS IS QUITE A CHALLENGE BUT IF WE REALLY SEE HOW THAT THIS IS A PRIVILEGE TO GIVE GOD’S LOVE TO OTHERS, WE WILL DO IT WHOLEHEARTEDLY AS UNTO THE LORD.
4. God is asking me to wait for a job that will bring glory to Him. STILL WAITING IN THIS AREA. I am receiving a lot of NOs but I believe God is leading me to His will.
5. God is also dealing with me in the area of sharing what I have with others.
I LOVE BOOKS! I have quite a number of them but the truth is, I never get to read them all. I came to a point wherein I decided to give it away to friends. It’s painful especially when it comes to my favorites but I know it’ll be profitable to its new owner. Plus, THERE IS JOY IN GIVING. 🙂
Next project: my clothes!!
6. God is continually preparing me to become the woman He wants me to be.
I believe that is also one reason why I still don’t have a job– because God wants me to stay at home and learn to keep our home tidy and organized. To care for my family in ways that I hadn’t done before as I was still working. There are so many things that I am still learning and I’m enjoying every bit of it.
7. Consistency in prayer. This is an area of my life that I am also currently working on. There are a lot of things that I want to do, a lot that I want to change in my lifestyle but it seems impossible to be consistent– prayer is one of those. But, IT IS possible by God’s grace, and it takes a habit and a willing heart to do it. 😀
What has God been doing in your life lately? I encourage you to share your walk with God too. 🙂
I’ll start with my month-by-month blog again at the end of this month. 😀